Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, April 6, 2018

Relationship vs. dependency...


My prayer:

I am not sure if this still qualifies for "What you said tonight" since it is nearly 4 in the morning but I was just too worn out from the long day when I got home to talk much and fell asleep. But, I am up now and I am craving your voice.

Thank you for the opportunities. I am grateful for this life that you have given me. 

What God Said Tonight:

I don't really care when we talk, I only care that you take the time to talk and listen. Without the open communication it is very hard for me to help you the way that I want to help you.

I literally sacrificed my life so we could have open communication but so often, my children only talk to me when there is a great crisis. Don't misunderstand, I want to help you in crisis and I want you to bring me your troubles, But, if that is the only time we are talking, it makes it very hard to build our relationship

Think about it in your relationships with other people. Think about those friends that only come to you when they are in trouble and need your help. You still help them because they are a friend and you love them but it does not take long for that one sided and one directional friendship to wear thin. If all they do is take from you in their need and crises, you aren't really building a relationship, you are building a dependency.

I want a relationship with you. I will take a dependency if I have to but I want a relationship. I want you to know me so you know that you can trust me in every aspect of your life. I want you to know me so when we spend an eternity together, you are not doing it with a stranger.

I love you, now and forever. Let's keep talking, no matter what time.

No comments:

Post a Comment