Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thoughts...

My prayer:

Wonderful Father. I am thinking about habits tonight. They are tough to break. Especially habitual thoughts. I know you tell us to take every thought captive unto you but I have to say, that is a lot easier said than done. 

My thoughts wander all over the place and sometimes get stuck in a habitual circle that is so hard to break out of. 

I can change my words, I can change my behavior, but how do I change my thoughts? How does this taking thoughts captive really work? We say it all of the time, but I am not sure that I have ever really managed to do it for any length of time. 

Thanks for letting me bring anything to you God.

What God Said Tonight:

My thoughts are not your thoughts. 

You cannot control what you don't think about but you can control what you do think about. What I mean to say is you can't stop yourself from thinking about something unless you replace it with something else to think about. 

Remember when I say to think on good things? That is not only so you will have good thoughts but also to push out the negative thoughts. It is like the analogy that we have been talking about of light and darkness. When there is light, darkness has to leave. When there is positive thinking, negative thinking must go. 

The more you fill your mind with good things, things that lift you up, things that inspire you and others, the less you will find yourself in the negative cycles of thought. Hope that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment