Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The judge...

My prayer:

Wonderful God. I know we are not supposed to judge people and I really try hard to stay out of that role. But, I have to admit, sometimes, like today, when I find out that someone I know and trust is not the person I thought they were, or at least did not behave in a way that I thought they could (or at a minimum in a way I hoped they wouldn't), it is just hard. It is hard when people disappoint me. I don't expect anyone to be perfect but I had hoped for better from this person. 

Wow, as I am writing this I realize just how judgmental it is! Who am I to decide that someone else went too far over the line? Would I want someone else to do the same to me, NO. 

I guess it really doesn't matter. We are human and flawed. You covered us with your sacrifice. Anything we do or don't do is between you and us, not between us and us. 

Thank you for shining the light on my attitude. I will try to be more careful.

What God Said Tonight:

I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. I am not interested in pointing out errors, I am interested in restoring wholeness. I am the judge, but I have given a pardon through my son so that you, each of you, can know my love, know me and live the life I intended for you. Not the life of payment. 

I am guiding and directing you because you invited me into your life to do so. Not as a taskmaster and not as a judge. I have the authority and power to be both but I choose to be your friend.  

I ask that you have that same grace for those you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment