Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Desires of your heart...

My prayer:

Awesome Father. I have had some people asking me to "teach" other people how to pray. My initial response was "Sure! I love to pray and I love to teach so sounds like a great time!" But then I got to thinking about it. What would I teach them? Praying is just talking to you, getting to know you, listening to you, spending time with you. That isn't something you teach someone, that is just something they need to do. 

But then I think, I had a lot of people over the years "teach" me how to pray. They taught me how to know your promises and apply them to situations. They taught me the value of getting into a place of worship with you before laying out needs. They taught me how people prayed in the Bible and how you, Jesus, prayed while you lived with us. That was all good stuff and very interesting.

But, it didn't teach me how to pray really. The way that I got comfortable praying was by doing it. Praying with others, praying for others, praying with just you and me. That is how prayer became a part of my everyday experience and relationship with you. I suppose I could just tell them that and start praying with them? Maybe that is the best way to "teach" them. 

Still a weird concept, teaching someone how to talk to someone who loves them SO MUCH and is just happy to hear their voice once in awhile. What do you think?

What God Said Tonight:

I think that anything that brings people closer to me is a good thing. Anything that takes people farther from me is a bad thing. It is that simple. How ever you want to do it, as long as it draws people to me, that is the right plan. 

You worry too much some times about what to do. Do what is in your heart. I have given you the desires of your heart. A lot of people get that word backward. It is not so much that I will give you anything you want. It is that those desires you have in your heart, the ones that are always there? Those are from me. I gave you those. And yes, I will make sure they are fulfilled, but, if you are my child, and you have a desire in your heart that will bring you and others closer to me, that desire is from me.

I love you and look forward to seeing what you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment