Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Mirrors...


My prayer:

Awesome God. Thank you for this mirror that you are giving me. Some of the things you are showing me are definitely uncomfortable but I think it is really important. 

It is funny how I can go my whole life believing certain things about myself and now, at this point, recognize that there are complete dimensions of my life and my choices that I honestly did not see before. 

It reminds me of the scripture where it says our righteousness is like filthy rags. I saw myself as compassionate and now realize how self centered I actually am. I saw myself as generous and now see that I was only giving on my terms. 

So, while I don't like what I am seeing, I am grateful for the mirror and I pray that you help me to be a better person. Help me to be the person I thought I was. Thank you Jesus.

What God Said Tonight:

Mirrors only reflect what is there now and they do not prescribe what the future will be. 

A mirror is there to show the imperfections, the things you want to change, and then you go and change them. Never let your current reflection limit where you are going or who you can become. It is a snapshot in time that is a tool, not an end in itself. 

I love you my child and I will help you, in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment