Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Purpose vs. gifts...

My prayer:

Awesome God. What a mixed bag today was! All day was massive frustration and then spent the evening right in my purpose and LOVING every minute of it! Sure would be wonderful to be in my purpose all of the time, doing the things that you built me to do. 

Is that possible? Is that kind of life possible? Or will there always be some level of annoying drudgery? I would love to believe that somehow, someday, I could have a life of purpose, all the time...

What God Said Tonight:

Your life of purpose is not just in what you do, it is who you are. Whatever you are doing, your purpose, your spirit, your experience of me in you can shine through. If you approach the drudgery with my spirit, it can become an opportunity to help and bless people around you. 

Your purpose is not just in the things you do well. Your purpose is in living your life with me shining through you. That comes through in EVERYTHING you do.  

Now, do you want and will you get more opportunities to engage in those things that I created you uniquely to do, absolutely. We have a lot of good times ahead where you get to shine. But don't get your gifts confused with your purpose. 

Your purpose is straightforward, share me in everything you do and everything that you are. Your gifts are the tools I have given you to accomplish great things in life. Your gifts are what you have to give away and bless others. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment