Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, June 8, 2015

Pride...


My prayer:

I approached this day with a bit of arrogance and this day kicked my butt! I guess that is what I get when I let myself get prideful. Pride is so destructive! You warn us about it. I know it always results in failure. And yet, somehow, I let it sneak back in. 

God, I ask for help with pride. I don't want that destructive force in my life. 

What God Said Tonight:

Pride sneaks in through the cracks in your life and slowly fills you. It happens so gradually that you usually don't even realize that it is there until it has a hold over you. 

Pride is a lie from the devil. It is not confidence. It is not feeling good about yourself. Pride is when you start to think that you can take on this world on your own and without my help. That is when you get into trouble. 

When you start thinking you can do this without me, you walk into to situations that tangle you up and you can't get out of on your own. It is those times, those moments, days, months years...whatever, where you start to think "you got this" all on your own, those are the times to be concerned. Those are the times when the world, when your enemy, will show you just how much "you don't got this." 

I love you and will always help you. Just remember you need my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment