Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Outside of the fog...

My prayer:

Amazing God. I have been focusing on the fact that I need a little better perspective on life. 

The things that I get caught up in, worrying about, stressed out about, do they really matter in the bigger scheme of things? Does my getting caught in traffic and delayed from getting home by 39 minutes in any way compete with someone who does not have a home to go to? Of course not. 

And yet, those things seem important to me because they are happening to me. Is that me being self centered and selfish or is that me being human? Or, are those two things the same?

God, I pray for wisdom to know what is important and worthy of spending time and effort on and what is not important. I pray for the ability to let go of the things I have not ability to change and focus for those things I can and should change. This is starting to sound an awful lot like the serenity prayer, but then again, that is a pretty good prayer!

Love you Jesus and thank you for your ever present help.

What God Said Tonight:

It is easy to live your life in a fog that only allows you to see those things that are right aroudn you. It is easy to forget that there is an entire world outside of that fog with other people just like you (and some that are nothing like you). 

Lifting the fog, at least once in a while, is a good idea. Living your life within the fog will get small and depressing. 

It is much like the blessings I have for you. I have so much more for you than what you are seeing right now. You look at the blessings that are closest to you within the fog and you miss the greater blessings I have for you, outside of the fog. 

I am bringing sunshine into your life to burn off the fog. It is time for you to see and be a part of the greater picture, the greater blessing I have for you. 

I love you. Get ready for the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment