Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The tea cup...

My prayer:
Awesome God, thank you for your help at work again today. You are so awesome! I don't know what I would do without you.


So many things are so great now God. I am so blessed by you. But tonight, I had someone telling me that she admired that I was "there" that I had found contentment and that I didn't struggle...LOL! I tried to tell her that I struggle all the time. I tried to explain that the struggle is a part of life and let's me know that I am growing and not stagnant. I tried...but I don't think she believed it.


Why do we so often think that we have to have it all together. Where did we get the idea that was the goal? You never once told us that we had to be perfect. What you told us is that there is not one of us who is without sin. EVERYBODY sins, that is what you said. When did we decide that we are supposed to be the one exception to that rule? You know I am the worst at falling into that performance/perfection trap. Where does it come from God? The only perfect one is you. My only hope is to stay covered in the blood of Jesus and try not to mess up too bad. 


God forgive me if I ever made anyone feel like they needed to be "perfect." Forgive me God if I ever let anyone think that I have it all together. Help me God to better understand and reflect that this life is not about being perfect, except in being perfected by you through your salvation. I love you God, more now than ever before.  I love you forever.


What God Said Tonight:
You are reflecting me and it is my perfection they see. That is what you need to tell people, the "perfection" the "peace", the "contentment" they see is me in you not actually you. 


You are my willing vessel and I am so glad for that. Being my vessel I fill you up. When people look into you, they see the reflection of me like the tea in a cup of tea. Depending on their angle, their perspective, they will either see you, the vessel/cup, or they will see me, the tea. The cup may be chipped and flawed. It may have cracks and it may be misshapen, but the tea in the cup is still, calm, and no less beautiful because of the cup it is in. 


Your purpose is to be my vessel. The purpose of a tea cup is to hold tea. That people see me in you is only right. To help them understand that you are no different than them and that they can be a tea cup too, that is your goal. That is what will lead people to a real relationship with me. Keep at it girl. I believe in you. 

2 comments: