Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Obligation vs. responsibility...

My prayer:

Too tired to think but never too tired to listen. What i son our mind tonight God?

What God Said Tonight:

I never meant to be an obligation to you but I am a responsibility. Having a relationship takes commitment and responsibility. What it does not take is guilt, condemnation, and obligation. 

I am your Father and your saviour. I am everything you need when you need it. I am not a burden. I never meant for a relationship with me to be a burden. If you feel burdened, if you feel guilt, if you feel obligation toward me, that is not from me or of me. If you feel joy, awe, and intense gratefulness for me in your life, that is of me. 

I love you. Go rest. I will provide as always. I will love you like always. I will be everything you need as always, because I love you and I have a responsibility to you. Not because I feel an obligation or guilt toward you. Ours is a relationship of love, grace, mercy and peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment