Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Temptation...

My prayer:
Amazing God. Today has been good but also threaded throughout the day has been a struggle with temptation. All day long, I have been tempted with thoughts and things that I usually have a pretty good handle on. 


I don't know why today was different. I found myself thinking, "Well, it wouldn't be so bad if I did it just once...would it?" It has been a long time since I have lied to myself like that God. I know God that all sin is sin and you hate it. I know that anything that takes me from you is sin and I need to run from it. I don't know why I forgot that a few times today. 


I pray God that you help me be strong. I pray God that you help me resist the devil. I pray God that you lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil. Help me God to live a life that is a blessing to you and to those around me. In Jesus name, amen.


What God Said Tonight:
Our enemy is against you and trying to get you off tract because he knows what is in your future. He is panicking and desperately trying to get you off of the path that I have for you. He is pulling out all the stops and will stop at nothing to keep you from the destiny that I have for you. He hates you and hates your future. He hates what you life is going to do for my Kingdom. He hates the vision and the plan that I have given you. 


Today was a day of temptation and of tests. You  did not act and you eventuallly took each thought captive. I will help you fight. I will keep you strong. I need you to keep your eyes on me with out fail. I need you to focus on me and not on the temptations around you. I need your attention if you are going to get through this season unscathed. 


I love you daughter and I am here for you. You are not alone and you will not fight this battle alone. He is already defeated and you know who wins. Remember that no matter how good you think that temptation is going to be, it will never be worth the cost. Never. 

1 comment:

  1. Romans 7: 8-12 Don't you remember how it was? I do, perfectly well. The law code started out as an excellent piece of work. What happened, though, was that sin found a way to pervert the command into a temptation, making a piece of "forbidden fruit" out of it. The law code, instead of being used to guide me, was used to seduce me. Without all the paraphernalia of the law code, sin looked pretty dull and lifeless, and I went along without paying much attention to it. But once sin got its hands on the law code and decked itself out in all that finery, I was fooled, and fell for it. The very command that was supposed to guide me into life was cleverly used to trip me up, throwing me headlong. So sin was plenty alive, and I was stone dead. But the law code itself is God's good and common sense, each command sane and holy counsel.

    ReplyDelete