Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 23, 2010

Surrender...

My prayer:
Hi God. It's good to be here with you tonight. Not much seemed to happen today. Not much to talk about. I guess I needed a mellow day to process the last couple of days.

God, thank you for always giving me what I need. You bring people to encourage me when I get discouraged, you bring me a challenge when I am bored, you bring me opportunities when I need to serve more, you bring me people to love and to love me.

You definitely don't always do things the way I think you are going to. You definitely still surprise me pretty regularly. Color me surprised this week! Nothing is really going according to how I thought it would but I do trust you to work it all out, most of the time.

Forgive me for the moments, hours that I doubt. I am trying to trust you completely and sometimes I get there. Right now, I am there. This morning, not so much!

Thank you for friends to remind me of what you have planned for me. Thank you that I am only one phone call away from the love and support of people who love me. What an amazing thing it is to be truly loved. To be loved by you, to be loved by family, to be loved by friends. There really isn't anything better. Thank you for teaching me that God. I haven't always understood that. There was a lot of years that I thought love was about control and I had two choices, be controlled or control. Thank God those days are over.

Thank you God for teaching me that love is about surrendering control and trusting. Thank you God for teaching me that love is about giving and not taking. Thank you for teaching me all of this through your amazing example of love in my life. I have never been and will never be loved better, more completely than the love I have from you. Please know that I recognize the value of that love and wish I had better words of appreciation. Hear my heart God and know how I value your love.

What do you have to say tonight? What is on your mind?

What God said tonight:
What is it that makes you doubt the truth that you know? Sometimes you get so caught up in the circumstances of today that you miss out on the bigger picture. That is why I have to mix it up now and then. I need to remind you that I am in charge. I have to remind you that the purpose will be served and accomplished regardless of the circumstances around it. The circumstances don't accomplish the purpose. The purpose uses circumstances to achieve what it came to achieve. I am the purpose. I will accomplish what I have set to accomplish in your life.

Due to your surrender and your choice to make me Lord of your life, I have free rein to accomplish everything every last thing that I had planned for you from before you were born. That is SO GOOD! Your surrender makes it possible for me to give you every blessing I have for you. Your surrender makes it possible for me to provide every thing you need. Your surrender allows me to do things for you and through you that will blow your mind.

Surrender is not a sign of weakness like you thought in the past. Surrender is a sign of strength. It says I know who I am and I choose to give myself over to a God that is bigger, better and loves me more than I can imagine. You will never regret your surrender to me. You will never regret your choice for me. Just don't quit and leave me in control.

I will take you to the highest of highs. Be ready. And, you guessed it, I love you! Rest sweetness, tomorrow is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment