Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A chance...

My prayer:
Awesome ruler, mighty God, creator, teacher, love of my life, I praise you God. I am yours and I am fully committed to you. You are everything I will ever need. You are the breath in my lungs, you are water and food to my body, you are my very sustenance. Without you is not even an option. I am sold out God. I pray for the courage and strength, the wisdom and understanding to do what you want me to do when you want me to do it.

I pray God that no opportunity be lost. I pray God that you make me the blessing in other peoples' lives and never the curse. God I pray that you help me to always encourage and never tear down. I pray that others lives are better because I am in it.

I pray your blessings over the amazing people in my life. You have filled my life with such incredible people. God, let me be as much of a blessing to them as they are to me.

God, I can't get that news story out of my head that said a young father beat his son nearly to death. He said he was teaching his two year old son to box and then hit him fifteen times in fifteen minutes. The young boy at the time of the news report was in critical condition and not expected to live. I don't know how to pray over this God, but I need to give it to you. God I need you to take on this and other situations like it. How can we do this kind of thing to each other?

Most people are so wonderful most of the time, but then things like this happen. What happens God? Why do we turn on each other? Why do we hurt the people we love? Why do we hurt the weak, the defenseless, the children? This is not a new problem. I don't know how to pray about it. I want the father to be healed, changed and saved by you, for himself and so he doesn't do this again to someone else. I want the young boy to be with you either in this life or the next. If you have a different life, a better life for him, I pray that you heal him. I pray for the mother God, she wasn't mentioned in the news story, but I pray your help and strength for her. I pray God that this be a wake up call for someone so that they don't follow that same path. God my heart hurts for this family so I give them to you, the great comforter.

I love you Daddy.

What God said tonight:
My peace I give to you tonight daughter. I love you and ask that you rest in me.

People are complicated. They can be so wonderful when they are doing what I have intended for them to do. They can also get way off track really easily. Good people can make really bad decisions that have irrevocable repercussions.

People that don't have good intentions can wreak crazy havoc in this world. Some are so taken with satan that they cause pain wherever they go. But even those people, if you go back far enough you will find the hurt that makes them hurt others. Abuse, pain, hurting are all seeds that grow more abuse, pain and hurt. Anger is a seed that breeds more anger. The more this type of thing is around, the more it multiplies and grows.

The best weapon, the best defense is love. Love is always the answer. Love is not soft and love does not allow it to be taken advantage of. Sometimes, love is the bravest and hardest thing to do. Who is going to love the serial killer? And, if no one does, is there any hope at all for him? If there is no hope for him, we can never expect him to change and he will continue to kill until he himself is dead and in the grave. I don't accept that outcome.

You have to love in the face of evil. You have to love in the face of pain and abuse. You have to love from the place of strength. Loving does not mean that you allow yourself to be abused. You protect and remove yourself as needed to be safe but as you do, love. Pray and love no matter what. That gives everyone a chance. Don't ever take away someone else's chance at a new life because you weren't willing to love.

I love you daughter and send you a double blessing for tonight and tomorrow. Your life is precious and about to change again. LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love is sometimes the hardest thing of all to do. Right up there with to forgive. But, we must do both in all circumstances. I don't believe the abuser or the serial killer's sin is any greater than my own. The Lord's work at Calvary is the great equalizer. To not love and forgive all others is to not forgive or love myself and renders Christ's work on the Cross to nothing. Jesus loved me so much He died for me (& all others). To not love and forgive in return would be obscene.

    ReplyDelete