Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 9, 2010

Freedom to soar...

My prayer:
Father God. You know that I love you. You know that I want your will accomplished in my life. You know that I am trying to trust, to find joy in each moment, to appreciate the present like you have said, but I am not doing a very good job of it.

So often these days I just want to pack up and take off. Just go, anywhere. Just go and experience more than what I see every day on the same streets, in the same city, in the same state, and in the same country I have lived my whole life. I usually start getting edgy when I don't get out of the country at least every 6 months and it has been over a year now.

I want to just pack up and head for Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Greece, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland, Australia, Africa, anywhere, for a month, a year I don't know. Just to see new faces, new cultures, new food, I crave the new.

But, then I think about all you are doing in my life right now. There seem to be so many beginnings, things that could turn into something great, and I don't want to miss it. I'm just all over the place again God.

Maybe I am just too focused on me again. I sure sound that way. Maybe if I get the focus off of me I will stop feeling so on edge? I remember that season where every time I prayed I wouldn't allow myself to use the words, "I" or "me." I should probably do that again for awhile. Because truth is, I'm kind of tired of hearing myself talk about me.

So, for now, I will stop and ask that you speak to me God. Let me know what's on your mind and what you want.

What God said tonight:
Awesome father is what you so often call me. Yet you need to remember that is who I am. I am your father, I have your best interest at heart. I will always protect, lead and guide you. I will always love you.

You cannot miss what I have for you. Do you think I am so weak that I can't find you if you leave the country for awhile? I have things for you here, but we can do this anywhere. Experience life, do what you want. Follow my word to keep yourself from sin and the consequences of sin, but otherwise, have a blast!

I want you to have joy in your life. Your days of travel are not over by a long shot. You will still yet go to places you cannot even dream of right now. There are people in countries who are preparing a place for you right now and they don't even know it is for you. I have a grand plan for the world and a great future for you in it.

Stop thinking that you can thwart that plan by something like taking a trip or even moving somewhere else. The only way that you can stop my plan for your life is by telling me no, by saying that I am no longer the Lord of your life. Thinking that anything else you can do would stop my plan is pompous and self righteous and unworthy of my daughter.

Make your plans, keep me as Lord and enjoy the ride. I love you and will not let you fall through the cracks. You are too important to me. You are not a caged bird, you are free like an eagle. Soar my daughter, soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment