Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, July 19, 2010

Talking with God...

My prayer:
Wow God, day 41 of this blog. I am awfully grateful that you have something to say every night. If I think too much about it, I start feeling pressure and get myself convinced that I will have nothing to say. But then, I just sit down with you and my heart starts to talk to you and better yet, you talk to me.


What an amazing thing. Why would you, the Most High God, King of Everything, Ruler of the Universe, Creator of everything that ever was or is or will be, want to talk to me? Why would you let me talk to you? I am eternally grateful that you do. I need you too much everyday to have lived in the times before Jesus sacrificed for us when people had to go through the priest to talk to you. I would have to move in with the priest I think!


But, logically, it makes a lot more sense that you would talk to a priest than it does that you would talk to me or any of the other everyday people that you talk to all the time. The privilege that I gained when Christ died for me is so much richer and deeper than "I get to go to heaven", although, thank you very much for that! I look forward to living with you in heaven some day. But you also gave me privilege in that sacrifice that defies common sense. And yet, I can't imagine life without it.


Thank you God for the privilege of talking to you and hearing from you. You are my rock, my peace and my guide. Guide me everyday into what you want for my life. I love you so very much.



What God said tonight:
Sweet girl, I love that you stop to think about and recognize that our relationship is special, meaningful and more important that even you realize. I love that you stop to think about this stuff.

My love for you is never ending. That is why I had to make a way for you to talk directly to me and me to talk directly to you. I couldn't stand to be parted from you for one more minute. I had to provide a way for us to be in direct relationship.

I was grateful for the priests who served me and kept my laws to provide a way until my Son could come and be the sacrifice, but nothing replaces one on one time together. I ached to be with you, not separated by a mediator. I longed to be with my children.

I count it as precious and beyond all worth when you come to spend time with me. I appreciate when you come to me with your needs. I love that you recognize me as our provider and father and in that you come to me when you need help. But even more, when you come to me for no other reason than to be with me...that is so special. That makes a way for us to be close on a whole new level. That makes a way for me to be able to show you my full love for you, no holds barred.

Let me pour out my love on you every day. Think of these times together when the world seems to be against you and know that I am with you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment