Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, April 20, 2015

Peace and contentment...

My prayer:

What a roller coaster day God. Thank you for your strength through this day. Thank you for your healing power in me. Thank you for the privilege and opportunity you provided for me. And thank you for putting up with me, even though my attitude was not very good.

I am trying to seek out the beauty and the joy like you have said. Once in awhile today, I managed to see it. Not as much or as often as I wish I would have though.

That seems to be a common theme for me. I am doing better but not as good as I want to be doing. Do we ever get to a place of complete wholeness? Do we ever stop striving? Or, do we need to find contentment in our imperfection, knowing we are never perfect except when we are fully covered by your sacrifice?

I don't have many answers but I sure have a lot of questions. I ask for wisdom and understanding God that I can know you better and be a better extension of your love in this world.

What God Said Tonight:

Peace. Peace is not a lack of trouble in your life. Peace is not something that occurs only when things are going well. Peace comes from the complete assurance that I am taking care of you.

You get some things right and others wrong every moment. Your ratio of right to wrong does not define your experience of life. I define that.

I am your God and you are my child and we can dance in the fire together. We can laugh in the midst of fear. We can sleep in the middle of the storm.

Put your full trust in me and your contentment is a natural result. Your  contentment is not from what you do. Your contentment is from your covenant relationship with me, our bond. That is what brings you that peace and contentment, no matter what.

I love you, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment