Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The shackle of sin...

My prayer:
Gentle teacher, my God. Thank you for helping to recognize an area of pridefulness in me tonight. I didn't even realize it was there; but now that you pointed it out, it seems SO OBVIOUS! 


Awesome God, I ask for your forgiveness. I ask for help to let go of this pridefulness and move forward free. I don't want it in my life. Thank you for loving me enough to show me an area that I need to improve. Thank you God. I pray and ask that you help me to replace that prideful area with a spirit of humility in you. I love you God. Thank you for second chances!


What God Said Tonight:
I am your hope and your redemption. There is no sin too big for me to cover once you bring it to me. 


Tonight was good. You needed to ferret that out. Now, it is gone and forgotten. You are free to move into the next thing, the next season. You will do so without the burden of pride holding you back. You can move freely into the next thing I have for you. 


Sin is like a shackle holding you back. You might be able to move forward to a point but sooner or later, sin will stop you and keep you from all that I have for you. Tonight, the shackle is removed and you are free. 


I love you daughter. You are forgiven and set free to soar into your future. I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Romans 7:4
    So, my friends, this is something like what has taken place with you. When Christ died he took that entire rule-dominated way of life down with him and left it in the tomb, leaving you free to "marry" a resurrection life and bear "offspring" of faith for God. For as long as we lived that old way of life, doing whatever we felt we could get away with, sin was calling most of the shots as the old law code hemmed us in. And this made us all the more rebellious. In the end, all we had to show for it was miscarriages and stillbirths. But now that we're no longer shackled to that domineering mate of sin, and out from under all those oppressive regulations and fine print, we're free to live a new life in the freedom of God.

    ReplyDelete