Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blessing, favor, success...

My prayer:
Amazing God, thank you for sleep and rest last night!!! YOU ARE PHENOMENAL!!! 


I was thinking about Joseph tonight God. I was thinking about how you prospered him wherever he was. I also realized that he never made it out of Egypt. After being sold into slavery by his brothers, he never returned to Israel except to briefly to bury his father. 


Why didn't he return? Was it because he was so high in leadership in Egypt that he didn't want to leave? Or, was it that you weren't ready for the Israelites to leave Egypt yet and you had put Joseph in leadership to help his people? 


Sometimes I feel a lot like Joseph and so I wonder about this stuff. How did he feel about staying? The Bible doesn't really talk about that. Anyway, just questions going through my mind tonight. 


I love you God and I want to hear what is on your mind. 


What God Said Tonight:
You will have to ask Joseph some day how he felt about it all. I am not sure that you will get a completely unbiased answer since he will be looking at it from the end. He will be seeing it through the eyes of a man redeemed with complete understanding of my will. He might sugar coat it a bit because of that. 


But, Joseph was a man and, like any man, he struggled. He struggled with the things that he had to go through. He struggled with my plan for his life. He struggled with feeling angry and ungrateful. He was just a man. He loved, he lived, he prayed, and above all he trusted me even when things looked really bad. 


I can and will bless you wherever you are. You do not need to be perfect or even perfectly positioned  for my blessing and my favor. Just be you, do your best and I will be right beside you causing you to be successful all the days of your life. Favor in your life, whether you are in Jerusalem, in a pit, in jail, or in Egypt. I will cause you to succeed. I will be on your  side. I will take care of every need and destine you to succeed. 


You are my daughter and I plan to brag of you. I plan to celebrate your life for eternity. I love you so much and I am here for you always. You are my precious daughter and the apple of my eye. You are everything precious to me and I am committed to you and your success. Rest and be ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Genesis 39:2
    As it turned out, God was with Joseph and things went very well with him. He ended up living in the home of his Egyptian master. His master recognized that God was with him, saw that God was working for good in everything he did. He became very fond of Joseph and made him his personal aide. He put him in charge of all his personal affairs, turning everything over to him. From that moment on, God blessed the home of the Egyptian—all because of Joseph. The blessing of God spread over everything he owned, at home and in the fields, and all Potiphar had to concern himself with was eating three meals a day.

    ReplyDelete