Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, July 29, 2011

Studying = protection...

My prayer:
All powerful God! I can hardly believe I made it through this day. Only you can take three hours of sleep and somehow make that enough! 


God, I am reading about Jacob's (Israel's) sons, the ones who the 12 tribes of Israel are named after and I am being struck by how messed up their lives were. I shouldn't be surprised by it. It is not like it is the first time I have ever read about them, but for some reason it is hitting me hard this time. I just got done reading about Judah whose descendants became a nation all on their own and I just read about how he was soliciting a woman that he thought was a prostitute who turned out to be his daughter in law. This after he and his brothers sold their brother Joseph into slavery. And yet you used him to father a nation of praisers!


I need to remember that more often. I need to remember that you can use anyone, no matter where they have been or what they have done. I need to remember that even when I mess up, you can still use me for your glory. I need to remember to leave my judgmental self out of it and watch what you do and how you use every situation.


I love you God. What is on your mind?


What God Said Tonight:
You are studying like I asked and it is good. When you study, really study my word and pay attention, I can teach you so much. Everything that I teach through my word is one less thing you have to learn the hard way. Every minute you spend in my word is protection against the struggles of life, if you are paying attention while you study. 


I would much rather teach you that way. It is so much less painful and I hate to see you hurt. I love you so much. Keep studying and I will keep teaching. Consider your study as protection. Learn all that you can so you can live in joy and not in torment. 


I gave you all the answers in that one book. What you experienced tonight, where you read the same thing you have read before but it effected you differently...that is the proof that my word is alive. It will meet your every need. It will give you every answer. 


When you want to know me better, read my word. When you want to get closer to me, read my word. When you are lost and need answers, they are in my word. 


I love you so much daughter. Do get some rest tonight and tomorrow. It is Sabbath time again and you need it. Rest well.

No comments:

Post a Comment