Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love counts...

My prayer:
Awesome God and lover of my soul.  God I love you and I am so grateful that you love me.  Here we are on Valentines Day, my second least favorite day of the year. 

God, I don't mean to be ungrateful.  I do so appreciate your love for me.  I am so grateful for how you show me that love every day.  I am so grateful for the amazing people you have put in my life that show me love every day.  All of that is entirely true and most of the time I can focus on that. 

But once in awhile, especially on a day like this, I can't help thinking of what I don't have.  I can't help but wonder if that husband you have talked to me about is ever really going to show up. It makes me wonder, maybe I am not good enough.  Maybe there is too much stuff in me that is messed up.  Maybe I am not cut out for marriage.  Maybe what I have today, you, amazing friends and family is what I will have for the rest of my life.  Is it enough?  Sometimes. 

Above all God, your will be done.  Your love truly is better than any love that exists.  I would rather have your love and no one else's than have the love of the whole world without your love.

What God Said Tonight:
What is this my love?  Why are you letting pressure of the world system make you doubt my purpose and plan for your life?  What is Valentines Day?  It is not a celebration that I called for although I like the idea of celebrating love. 

Love is inherently good and it is a absolute necessity for your life.  I am love and you were made in my image.  Your very existence requires love.  You are my love displayed on the earth.  You are the expression of my love to my people.  You are surrounded by so much love that it blankets you. 

You will have all of the love you dream of.  There is still time.  You will not want for any good thing.  I love you and I will make sure that you are loved every minute of every day.  Experience the love that is with you now and know that there is more to come. 

You know the promise I have given you.  Do not doubt it, especially not because of external pressure.  My promise is real.  My love is real.  My purpose for you is real.  Valentines Day, not so much.  Rest in my love my precious child and remember what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment