Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A party for God...

My prayer:
My God and Father.  What an awesome day God.  What a day of joy!  I am just giddy with joy tonight.  Not for any particular reason, although you are doing some mighty great things right now.  But I am filled with joy. 

I celebrate you God.  I celebrate all that you do.  I celebrate how your work in my life.  I celebrate how you work in others' lives.  I celebrate your healing power that never fails to amaze and delight me.  God you are truly awesome. 

God, what can I do to praise you appropriately?  I understand worship. I understand how to get to that intimate place of being with you and I love it. But tonight, I want to celebrate you.  I want to praise you!  And I feel so inadequate to do so in a way that reflects how I feel about you.  I feel like I want to throw you a party!  I want to gather together a bunch of people you love and have a party for you!  Now, you know God, that sounds like a good idea.  How would you like a party to celebrate you?  Not during Christmas or Easter or anything like that but just because we love you.  What do you think?

What God Said Tonight:
I would love a party my daughter.  I love to celebrate with my children.  I work pretty hard to make sure you are blessed and I love it when you appreciate it.  Much like a surly teenager, my children can sometimes forget to be thankful and appreciate.  Especially when what they get is not what they think they want. 

Celebrate me and your life in me every day.  Find ways to celebrate and you will have more joy tomorrow than you did today.  Find a way to remember all that I have done, find your way, and you will be blessed by it.  That is truly the reason I want you to celebrate.  I know how it will bless you. 

That's why I want you to do all of the things I tell you to do. It is all for your good.  It isn't so I can see if you will obey me and somehow affirm my position as God.  I already know who I am.  I already know that I am the master of the universe and the almighty creator.  I don't need your celebration to show that.  But you need the celebration to live the life of joy I have for you. 

Celebrate the little things and celebrate the big things.  Celebrate the breath in your lungs each day and celebrate the miraculous.  Celebrate and let the world see you celebrate.  Let them see what it is to be my child.  Let them see the joy that only comes from a life with Christ.  Celebrate for your sake and celebrate for their sake. 

Know that in that celebration I am always pleased.  Not just because you are celebrating me and that feels awfully nice but because of what I know it will do for you and the people around you.  Be my lighthouse daughter.  Don't forget to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment