Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Love well...

My prayer:
My God, Daddy, I am not sure what to pray about tonight.  Today was terrible and wonderful all at the same.  Terrible because of being hurt, wonderful because of the amazing church family you have given me who rallied around, prayed and loved on me.  That really made all of the difference God. 

I love you so much and your love is often enough all on its own.  But, I am weak and I need a love I can touch sometimes.  God you told me earlier tonight and in the past that you would always put people in my life to love me.  They may not be the same people over time, but there will always be people to love me. 

Why is love so important? Why is it that without love, we often either die or kill ourselves?  Living with too little love is like living with too little oxygen.  It numbs me until I can't really do anything but pass out and if it doesn't change, die. 

God thank you for teaching me the hard lesson over the last several years that the answer to hurt, the answer to a lack of love is not to isolate.  The answer is to run to you and your people.  There is where the healing is.  There is where the love is.  Thank you God.  Thank you for my church family.  Thank you for people in my life who love me.  Thank you for people in my life for me to love. 

I may not understand why love is so important, but I definitely know it is.  Fact is, you are love.  No wonder it is important!  The creator of the universe and my Daddy is love, of course it would be important.  God I really do love you so much.  What is on your mind tonight?

What God Said Tonight:
Love is the most important thing that ever was or ever will be.  Love is the only reason for all of this.  The only reason for humanity, the only reason for this universe, the only reason to do anything is love. 

There is no parallel to love. There is nothing that can or ever will compare.  It is in and of itself the most important thing to ever exist.  Just the sense of a possible lack of love can throw us into a tail spin.  Why to you think I so often got angry with Israel in the past?  They kept forgetting me.  To be forgotten is one of the worst ways to feel unloved.  If someone is hating you and talking bad about you, you at least still know that they are thinking about you.  To be forgotten, that is beyond painful.  The lack of love demonstrated in that forgetting is truly horrible.  It is like a avalanche of crushing rocks that fall on me.  It is a darkness that tries to envelop me.  It is beyond pain. 

To love and be loved, that is all there really is.  Everything else is filling time.  Everything else doesn't matter at the end of the day. All that matters is who you have loved and who has loved you. 

Love well my daughter.  Remember the pain of today not to feel the pain again but to remind you of the importance of loving people so that no one ever feels the way you did today as a result of your actions. 

Love well.  Love me, remember me.  Trust me.  I promise you will never out love me.  I will always pour out more love onto you than you can give to me.  No contest.  I will shower you with my love forever because you are my focus and my everything.  You are my creation and my daughter.  You are my beloved servant and I will love you well. 

Love is the light that banishes darkness.  Love is the power that shatters rock.  Love is the joy and the purpose and the plan I have for your life. Live in the light of love and love well.

1 comment:

  1. Reverb Church loves you Marilyn, we are here for you;
    But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all--love]. 1 Corinthians 12: 31

    ReplyDelete