Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 16, 2010

You be you...

My prayer:
My father and king. God, I have never had a king other than you. I don't know much about having a king and what it means. I get the impression that it is having the unchallenged final word. The king gets to make all of the rules and has the final say with any situation. That fits with you. I am grateful that my king also happens to love me to pieces. Wow God, not sure where that tangent came from.

I love you God. I am still confused about some things but I am confident that we will walk through this and everything for the rest of my life and beyond, together. There is such a great peace in that Lord. That you will be there for me always, never leaving or forsaking. I never need to worry that one morning I will wake up and you will be gone. You will ALWAYS be there. God, if there weren't a million other reasons to love you, that one thing would be enough.

God, what do you need from me tonight? What can I be doing for you tonight? Is there an act, a prayer, a change, an attitude, worship that I can give you tonight? God what I can I do for you tonight?

God, I feel like I don't do enough for you. I hear about other people who are traveling the world and taking your message, food etc. to people who are desperate. I hear about people who have quit their jobs in faith and just follow your voice. I hear about people who realize they haven't been a blessing to anyone yet that day and find someone in a roadside rest stop and give them everything in their wallet. I hear about these people God and think, I want faith like that. I want to trust you like that. I want you to be able to trust me with stuff like that.

There is that word again, trust. I guess we are not done with that topic. I love you God and want to trust you more so I can be and do anything and everything you have for me. Help me again in this God.

I praise you God. Thank you Jesus for miraculously healing Damaris. Thank you for amazing friends who listen to me yammer on and pray for me. Thank you for a mom who loves me more than life. Thank you God for every blessing you have put in my life. I praise you.

What God said tonight:
Just breathe and relax a minute. Your thoughts, your prayers are kind of all over tonight. I tell you tonight, rest, be still. I have it all under control.

I don't need you to do what other people are doing. I need you to do what I have told you to do. You have been faithful in your commitment to work on the new training courses every day. I appreciate your faithfulness. You just continue to listen and pay attention to what I have for you.

Comparing yourself to others is always a losing game. You are you for a reason. I don't need more people just for the sake of having more people in the kingdom. I need more people in the kingdom because each person is so unique and each person brings something new and needed. Don't sell the kingdom short by trying to be like anyone else. You are you and perfect in your youness.

"Youness" may not be a word, but I am God and king, so I made it up. I get to do that. I get to create things just by speaking them. It is one of the great things about being me. Discover the great things about being you. Nourish and cherish those things. Grow those things so that you can be the best you that you can be.

Your destiny is within you, not within the stories or the call on other people. Your story is unique, your ministry is unique, your purpose is unique. Be you. You know that one of the names for me is "I AM." That's just me being me. That is all that means. Now you be you.

I love you sweetness. Keep up that good fight of faith and practice trusting me each day. Please don't fall back into what is comfortable. Keep pushing and striving to do things in this new way. Masks off, show the world who I really am. Show them who I am to you so I can show myself to them. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment