Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, July 26, 2010

Disappointment...

My prayer:
Mighty God, awesome father, Lord of all creation, thank you for today. I praise you tonight out of a choice to do so, not in response to the day. Not in response to my emotions. My emotions are disappointment and confusion. I feel kind of numb not knowing what to think. But, I choose to trust you. I choose to love you. I choose you God as Lord of my life.

I believe that you have a great future for me. I believe that you will move in my life and change the circumstances on your time table. I am speaking this out of faith, choosing to do so. I don't feel it right now, but I know what you have said and I am making my choice. I refuse to let discouragement win. I refuse to give up on the dreams you have placed in my heart. I refuse to give up on the vision you gave me. I refuse to quit.

Thank you God for the determination to continue. Thank you for guiding me. Thank you for your continual encouragement to let me know that it is all worth it. Thank you for every opportunity to serve you and your people. I love you God and always will.

What God said tonight:
I love you back daughter. Your here for a purpose. Even in the disappointment, there is so much to be learned. You will come out of this on the other side with a new appreciation, a new ability, a needed strength that you will be able to share with others. You will be able to help others push through their disappointments.

Disappointments come to everyone. Delayed is not denied you know. Will you trust me when it doesn't happen when and how you expect it to? You have made a choice to do so tonight. Stick with that choice, it is the right one.

Regardless of how things look, I am still on your side. I am still your father. I am still your provider and you still have first son inheritance rights. You will walk into my promises. Timing is so important to you, but it really doesn't matter to me. I am in charge of time. I created the world in six days! I can do more in one second than you can do in a lifetime.

Tomorrow is not today. I will continue to work the plan for your life. You will continue on the path I have chosen for you, you are destined for great things. Continue to trust me girl. I know you are "speaking in faith" tonight. Let me make that faith become realized truth. I promise you will not regret your decision tonight and you will never regret trusting me. You are in my hands and I will not let you fall. Trust, for one more day, trust.

I know that you are still not feeling it. You are still feeling numb. That is because you have shut down a bit trying to protect yourself from being hurt. Normal reaction, but it isn't doing you any good. Let it out and let me heal you. Your decision is sound tonight but let me heal your heart.

You are so precious to me and it hurts me to see you hurt. But I can't help you unless you allow me to do it. Allow me into your heart to heal the disappointment. I am not like the ones who have let you down. This apparent disappointment is nothing more than a stepping stone to your next level. You are where you need to be.

Let me heal you right where you are. Let me wrap myself around your heart and heal you. Will you let me in? I promise I will be gentle but let me heal your heart tonight. Remember and rest knowing that my love for you is boundless. You will never reach the end of it. You will always be surrounded and in the midst of it. You were created so I could love you and you could love me. It is your primary purpose and you are getting better at it every day. Rest now. The morning will bring new joy with it.

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn - it's so easy to understand when two people look at the same issue from opposite vantage points, but the thought of seeing something differently than God sees it makes me rejoice and weep at the same time. Thank you so much for being so transparent and truthful and sharing your intimate love with the Father with all of us. Love you, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete