Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Imperfect perfection...


My prayer:

Each day, I do my best to make good choices, smart choices. But even on my best day, I get a lot of it wrong. We are so imperfect God. And you love us anyway, which is amazing. But why are we so imperfect? 

Has it always been that way or has sin corrupted more than our souls? I just wish sometimes that I was better. Smarter, making better choices, more generous, more loving, just...more.

Forgive me God.

What God Said Tonight:

I ask you to consider that what you are seeing as truth right now, not real truth. It is not my truth. 

You are covered in my blood and my sacrifice. Through that veil, you are perfect. I never expected, I never made you, to be perfect on your own. If you were, you wouldn't need me. Your imperfection makes you the perfect child for me. As long as you are less than perfect on your own, you will know your need for me. If you were somehow able to find perfection on your own, you would no longer see your need for me and you could easily wander away. 

Your imperfection is what keeps you close to me. My sacrifice is what makes you perfect in spite of what you do, or don't do. 

I love you. Do not despise either the imperfection or the perfection in you. Both have a purpose and a meaning. Both are part of what keeps us as one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment