Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful...

My prayer:
What a perfect day God. Whoever first decided that having a day to be thankful was a good idea was a pretty awesome person! Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite "holiday" especially when I get to spend it giving to other people. For me God, it is more a celebration of who you are and all that you do than even Christmas. Wow, I feel a little weird saying that but Christmas has become so commercial with so many things wrapped up in it that have nothing to do with you. On Thanksgiving, I get to concentrate on you, how grateful I am for all that you are and all that you do, and then I get go love on other people, give them food, clothes, prayer, and what ever else you bless us with. 


I love it God! Thank you for the amazing team that you put together for the outreach today. Thank you for guiding us to the perfect spot to bless the most people. Thank you for the amazing warm weather. Thank you God for healing the two women that we prayed for. 


God I pray that you help me to maintain the spirit of Thanksgiving every hour of every day throughout the year. I love you God and I am the most grateful for you in my life. Without you, nothing else is worth it.


What God Said Tonight:
Being grateful and giving thanks is a decision and it is one that is completely under your control. It is good to have days like today to remind you of that. It is good to remind you that you have a choice each day to recognize the blessing in the day or focus on the curse. Every day has some sunshine and some rain. Every day has growth and death. You choose what you focus on. You choose what you grow and make bigger simply by what you choose to spend your time thinking about. 


Even in the worst situation, there is something you can choose to be grateful for. It is a better way to live. If you can do it, you will live a life of joy and not torment. You will live a life of peace and love and not strife and tension. Choose to be thankful and you will find more and more things to be thankful for. 


I am your God and I will never let you down. I love you more than you can see or know but I love you. I have chosen you. Because I have chosen you, and because I focus on you, you become bigger too. Your dreams, your plans, your life becomes bigger because I have chosen you. Stay humble, stay grateful, and you won't believe where I will take you and what we will do next. Mmmm, love you sweet daughter. Go rest now.

1 comment:

  1. Colossians 2:5-7 [ From the Shadows to the Substance ] My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete