Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, April 18, 2011

A decision...

My prayer:
All knowing God.  So, I definitely was presented a new opportunity today like you said. My first reaction was to absolutely dismiss it and say, NO WAY! But then I remembered what you said last night.  


Is this the opportunity you were talking about? It seems so unlikely. I don't see any possible way how this thing could be turned into a blessing.  But maybe that is the point?  Maybe that is exactly the kind of situation, one where I can't see it turning out well, where you can show up and show how you can turn EVERYTHING to my good.  


Or, is this not what you were talking about. If I look at this opportunity logically, I would be crazy to do it. It would be a lot of work that would make very little difference in the world. At least that is what it looks like to me.


So God, what do I do?  I need to hear you really clearly on this.  If you want me to do it, fantastic, make it really clear to me so I know I am doing your will. I will do anything that you want me to.  If this is not something you want me to do, if it is a distraction, show me that really clearly as well.  


God you tell me when I lack wisdom to ask for it and you will give it to me.  God, I ask for wisdom.  Help me to know your will in this. I really need your help God.  I don't know what to do.


What God Said Tonight:
I told you it wasn't going to be easy.  I told you it would stretch you. I told you that you would think that it was not for you.  


This thing is not what it seems.  This is a test and a time for you to remember your roots.  It is a time and an opportunity for you to serve for the sake of serving.  To be my hands and feet for no purpose other than I am asking you to. 


It will make more sense soon.  You know what I want you to do. You are resisting because  you don't want to do it but you know what I want you to do.  


You have a choice.  You always have a choice.  You can choose to do only the things that I bring you that you like.  You can choose to only obey my will when it is in line with yours.  Or, you can be a fully devoted follower of me and do what I ask when I ask it.  The difference is a life of goodness vs. a life of greatness.  


You were made for greatness and I can tell you that you will never be happy with less than.  I can tell you that you are on the brink. Do what want.  Choose comfortable, safe and good.  Or choose, dangerous, uncomfortable and great.  


I love you no matter what.  I will be with your forever no matter what.  I will never leave you, no matter what.  So do what you want, remembering the regret of "what if?" 

1 comment:

  1. (2 Samuel 22:32-34 NIV) For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? {33} It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. {34} He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

    ReplyDelete