Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Guilt vs. Compassion...

My prayer:

Wonderful Father. I cannot thank you enough for the last four days God. Such peace and rest. Wonderful hiking. Time with you and Mom. A gorgeous place to stay. And you guiding, directing, and helping every step of the way. I almost feel too blessed. 

To come home to find so many people who have been chased out of their homes, or lost their homes to fires that I did not even realize were going on...I almost feel guilty for having such a good time when others are suffering so much. 

But, when I really think about it, there are people suffering unbearably every day around the world. If I were to start thinking I can only be blessed when the everyone in the world is blessed...I would never be blessed. Ughh. I don't know. It just feels selfish to enjoy myself and be relaxing when people around me are losing their homes.

I pray and ask God that you make a way out for every person who is in danger and who has suffered loss. In particular, I pray for those who are being threatened by wild fires right now God. Please put up a hedge of protection around them, keep them safe, keep their families safe, and provide a way for them. Thank you Jesus.

What God Said Tonight:

The world and the people in it are not your responsibility, they are mine. I love that you are my hands and feet in this world and that you want to be a blessing to everyone but you are not their savior. You are not their protector. You are not the one who can make a way out for them. 

Yes, I need you to pray. Yes, I need you to help in any physical way that you can. Yes, I need you to do your part. But the responsibility for my people lies with me. 

You, live our life. Enjoy my blessings in your life and do your best to be a blessing. 

Guilt, is not from me. I do not cause or create guilt. Guilt is a result of thinking you see the truth and doing the opposite. But sometimes, the truth you see is not the actual truth. It is not my truth. Look at life through my truth and you will know no guilt. You will only know compassion.

Compassion is the gift of the Holy Spirit. Guilt is the gift of satan. Choose your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment