Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, April 15, 2011

Inadequate...

My prayer:
Awesome Father.  God, I wish I was a better person.  I wish that I never had a bad thought about someone. I wish I never got jealous.  I wish that I always thought about others before myself. I wish that I never said the wrong thing, did the wrong thing, or thought the wrong thing. I just wish I was better. 


I love you so much and I worry sometimes that when people see that I don't always do the right things, they will think badly of you. God, I know that I can never be perfect, but I pray and ask that you continue to make me better, not for my sake but so people don't get confused about who you are and how great you are.


What God Said Tonight:
Your life is a continual journey and each day you are more like me and more like the person I created you to be.  You will have days of progress and days of set backs but it is all a journey and your destination is assured.  


Your desire to want to be better is good. Your feelings of inadequacy are a waste.  They are a waste of effort and they don't make anything better.  They don't make you better.  Do your best to be the best you that you can be each day.  That is all I care about.  I care that you try.  The failures and shortcomings, the sin, is what I died for. Just continue to try, I will cover the gap. 


People don't need you to be perfect to see me.  People who don't know me yet need to see that you are just like them but you have a hope they don't have.  People need to see that you are just like them but you have a relationship that they don't have.  People need to see that you are just like them but that because you know me, your life is better, more successful and you are more at peace. 


They don't need you to be perfect.  They don't understand or trust perfect.  I am the only perfect one.  Be you, it is enough, and continue to try to be your best. I love you right where you are.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! So wonderful is our Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled so long with feeling inadequate....but praise be to God, he has opened my mind to better understand who he is and who we are to him! Its such a relief to be free from the pressure of always trying to "do" or "be"....when all I had to do was be me and allow him to work through me! Doing perfect things through an imperfect vessel!

    ReplyDelete