Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The art of waiting...

My prayer:
Father God. Thank you for freeing me from the unworthy thoughts that I was wrapped up in last night.  It is weird.  Last night, when I couldn't sleep all night, it seemed like it was the most important thing in the world.  It seemed like I had to DO SOMETHING about it. And today, it is back in perspective. 

Today, I realize that there are a lot of more important things.  Today I can truly say it doesn't matter if I was right or wrong.  Today I can say that the only solution that is worth finding is to find a way to love in the middle of this situation.  What a difference a day makes!

Thank you for helping me to wait and to not act prematurely.  Thank you for the peace you gave me today.  Thank you for wisdom.  Thank you for always teaching me a better way.  I love you God!

What God Said Tonight:
Sometimes the best action to take is to wait. Waiting is an action and waiting is a valid decision.  Sometimes the act of waiting is the greatest show of faith that there is. 

I know you have never liked waiting.  Not many people do.  But learning to wait well is a great skill. Learning to wait on my timing, with anticipation. Not with anxiety and worry but with a calm assurance that what you are waiting on will come.  Knowing that the things I have promised you will come.  Knowing that the peace, the healing, the redemption, the reparation and the salvation will come.  Waiting with complete trust of the outcome but with no knowledge of the timing.  There is great faith in that.  There is great maturity in that. 

Learn the art of waiting and your life will be a lot more enjoyable. 

I love you daughter.  Continue to wait on me.  When things come in my timeline, when they have had a chance to fully mature, they are SO MUCH BETTER and I want the very best for you.  You are my precious and true daughter and I want you to have the best of everything.  I love you.  Rest and wait.

4 comments:

  1. Psalm 130:5,6........ I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
    And in His word I do hope.
    My soul waits for the Lord
    More than those who watch for the morning—
    Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love this one. I shared it on my facebook profile. Thank you Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks as always Pastor Don for the scriptural basis and for the on time phone call today! God uses you in miraculous ways and I am awfully grateful he assigned me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thansk for sharing it Rhonda! It is because of wonderful people like you sharing that God is able to reach the world! Love you and God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete