Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Come running back...

My Prayer:
Awesome God.  My heart is hurting tonight.  How is it that we, your children, who know you, love you and know your love allow ourselves to get separated from you?  Even when we know better.  We know that when we allow it, we end up in a pit of despair that is meant to destroy us.  And yet, time and again, we seem to forget and let satan, the world or even just our own bad decisions and laziness get in between you and us. 

I've done it.  My very best friends who have loved you their entire lives have done it.  Everyone, every Christian, I know has done it.  Even Adam and Eve did it. 

God I am so sorry for every time that I allowed something to get between you and I.  Thank you for your grace and your mercy to always bring me back to you.  Thank you for never giving up on me. 

God I pray for every person who has allowed something to get in between you and them tonight.  Whether they did it consciously or unconsciously, God I pray that you draw them back to you.  I pray that you give them a very real experience of you tonight.  I pray God that you remind them of your love for them. Let them feel that love tonight. 

Thank you God that you always take us "prodigal sons" back.  Thank you that as long as we are alive, we never run out of chances to return to you.  I love you God.  I don't ever want anything to come between me and you again.

What God Said Tonight:
I will never leave you or forsake you.  I said it and I meant it.  You are mine and I love you.  I will always take you back.  I will pursue you when start to drift away. 

You are asking "why" tonight and I am not sure if I can explain it.  It hurts my heart, my Spirit, when you allow things to get between us.  But I am God and I can take it.  I will never stop loving you even if you stop loving me.  My love is forever.  I will always welcome you back because I can't help myself.  My love for you is so complete that I can have no other response. 

That is perfect love.  When you have perfect love, you won't allow anything to ever come between us again.  Until then, you are perfecting your love for me.  In that process, there will be setbacks.  There will be times when you get it wrong.  Those times are not to be despised. Those times help you to grow and help you to get to that place of perfect love.  It is all a learning process. 

My love for the prodigal son is not less because he left me and returned.  If anything, it is more. He was faced with a choice and chose me.  He considered the alternative, tried it and chose me. His choice, his love for me is stronger upon his return than it ever would have been had he not left. 

But the important thing is to come back.  Don't get lost out there.  I understand that there are these times of growth, but don't get caught out there.  As soon as you realize we have gotten separated, come running back to me.  I will take you up in my arms and I will love you.  But come running back. 

It is kind of like when you were a kid and you got lost in the store.  When you realized you were lost and then when you saw your mom in the distance, you went running to her as fast as you could and she gathered you up in her arms, so glad to see you safe. 

That is how it is with us.  I don't get angry at you for straying, but I worry for you.  There are so many bad things that can happen to you when we are separated.  So, come running back to me.  I will gather you up, safe in my arms and our love will be even better than before.  I love you so much and I will never let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment