Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shame...

My prayer:
Hi Daddy!  I am so TIRED tonight God.  Thank you for bringing me through this day, getting me home, favor on the flights, helping me get the work done that needed to get done and even letting me be a part of Reverb online church tonight.  Today was full!  You are awesome God. 

I feel like I need to talk to you about something though God.  And I don't want to complain but I just don't understand where this was coming from today and how to get rid of it.  All day long, I was remembering embarrassing moments in my life.  Some recent, some from years ago.  They would come out of no where and I would feel immediate shame.  Now, I know that shame is not from you and anything that is not of you is against you.  So, logically these were attacks from the enemy. 

God, have I done anything to let the attacks in?  What do I do to stop them?  I kept trying to shake it off today and just as soon as I stopped thinking about one incident, I would remember another one.  Unfortunately, there are quite a few to remember.  God I ask for your help.

I love you God.  Thank you for being my Dad!

What God Said Tonight:
You heard me as you were typing.  You know how to fight this kind of thing but you did not think of it and did not do it today.  You need to speak my word against those attacks.  When the devil reminds you of shame, you tell him there is no condemnation in Christ.  When the devil tells you that you are nothing, you tell him that you are a royal priesthood.  When the devil tells you that you are worthless, you tell him that I say that you are worth more than rubies and gold. 

His lies cannot stand against the truth.  The shame that he brings cannot stay in the face of my love.  You are what I say you are.  You are perfectly and wonderfully made.  You are my daughter and I will not have you believing that you are less than apple of my eye. 

I love you sweet daughter.  I love you so much.  I get angry when I see him come after you but I need you to fight back with the tools I have given you.  You have reached a level of maturity that you know how to deal with this kind of thing.  If you were still a baby, I would fight it out for you and make him back off.  But you have been trained and prepared and you have got this.

Just remember what I have taught you.  Remember what I say about you.  Do not allow yourself to get caught up in the shame and doubt.  Do not accept those things from him. Don't accept anything from him.  Remember in the prison ministry, the one big rule in all of the facilities was to never give anything or receive anything from the inmates.  That is true of the devil, never GIVE him ANYTHING and never RECEIVE ANYTHING from him.  It is dangerous, so very dangerous when you do. 

I love you sweetheart.  Rest now.  It was a long day but I am glad we got to talk.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you home Marilyn, we know guilt and shame are from the evil one, guilt says I did something wrong, shame however says I am something wrong. You are His precious possession, His sweet fragrance on this earth, satan was trying to destroy your faith and stop your progress with a counterfeit, a lie, but you have defeated him with the truth, the WORD OF GOD.
    2 Corinthians 10: For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete