Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Why God created you...

My prayer:

Awesome and amazing God! It is good to be back in Israel! This trip will likely be different from the ones in the past but it is just good to be here. I always have so many thoughts when I walk where you walked. 

One thing I was thinking about today as I walked along the beautiful  Mediterranean beach. Why didn't you talk more about being at the Mediterranean Sea? I am sure you spent time there but the only sea I remember you talking about was the Galilee Sea which is really more of a lake than a sea. Maybe you did talk about it but I am not remembering? Paul of course talked about it but i can't remember you talking about it and I am forgetting? You do talk about being in Jaffa which is on the  Mediterranean  

I don't know. It is probably not important. It is just so beautiful to me. I would think it would have provided so many analogies. Well, I think it is pretty clear that I am coming up on more than 24 hours without sleep! My thoughts are pretty random. But, I want to hear your voice, here and now. God, speak to me, please.

What God Said Tonight:

I love being at the ocean with you. I love how you sing my praises to the waves. I love how you see it. I love that you see my power and majesty in it. I love that you see my purpose in it. That is what I love about the ocean, the sea. 

That is why I created my children you know. I love all of the different perspectives and experiences they bring to me. I love to enjoy things with you. That is why it is so hard and painful for me when people, my children, shut me out of parts of their lives. When you put me in a religious and somber box, we miss out on so much. When you keep me relegated to the church house, I miss you. 

Take me with you to the beach. Take me with you when you are out with friends. Take me with you to the movies. I want to enjoy life with you. 

Yes, there is a mighty battle that is raging and it will continue to rage. There are times to fight and to battle. There are times where somber and serious attention is needed. But sometimes, probably more than you think, I just want to enjoy you and being with you doing the things you enjoy. I love you daughter and I love the things you love. 

Rest well when you can. Until then, I will sustain you.

No comments:

Post a Comment