Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, June 25, 2010

Safety...

My prayer:
What a fantastic day God! Thank you for great times, great friends and great favor on my life. Thank you for your protection today. The micro-bursts that marched through the city today wreaking havoc were pretty crazy and even though I was all around those areas today, you kept me safe and protected.

I think I sometimes take your protection for granted God. I have lived under your protection for so long now, it kind of gives me a sense of invincibility. Sometimes I wonder if I have an unhealthy assurance of safety. Maybe that's part of why I'm not worried about jumping out of a plane for my birthday. I have always wanted to fly and I just don't feel like I'm in any danger even though I know it can be dangerous. I take it as a given that you will protect me and keep me safe. If I was going to die early from doing something stupid, I never would have made it through my teenage years. Everyone I talk to thinks I'm crazy for wanting to do it, but I am really not afraid. Maybe I should be?

So often at work, people will be talking about this disaster or that disaster. There are definitely enough to pick from these days. They are all worried about what will happen next. Will they be next. They want me to worry with them but I just can't. How can I worry with the Creator of the Universe on my side.

I know that bad things happen to everyone but I also know that I have the assurance that you will always bring me through. You will always take care of me. That probably makes me seem cocky to some people, but if they only understood it was not self assurance at all but assurance in you. I tell them, but do I tell them enough? Do I tell them in a way that they can really understand and know that they can live with the same assurance? I am not sure. I bet I could do better.

Well, anyway, thank you for a great day and for your continued protection on my life. Thank you for teaching me how to trust you for everything. Thank you God for being my safety net.

What God said tonight:
Safety is an interesting concept. It is good that you know that you can trust me to keep you "safe." But safety is not really an absence of harm. It's about being sheltered in the midst of the harm. You know the story about Daniel and the lions. Safety with me is like that. You may have lions ready to eat you, but I will keep them from devouring you. You may have micro-bursts all around you but they won't touch you. You may see the danger but you will be sheltered when you trust me.

Now don't get too crazy though. Don't start looking for danger to see if I will protect you. There is enough danger in the world already, you don't need to look for more. But stay assured of my protection in the midst of danger. Stay confident in my loving protection around you. Others may not always understand but they notice and eventually they want to know why. That becomes the great opening to show them me.

It's time to walk in confidence of my love, confidence of my power, confidence of your purpose. I don't need you to be shy or behind the scenes. I need you to step out and declare what you know to be true. I need you to step up and call out my name. I need you. Sleep in peace. I love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. This really hit deep within my spirit, Marilyn. I too have Christians around me concerned by the disasters, particularly terrorists and our vulnerability. They seem to take my trust that the Lord will protect me as a lack of caring re: what's going on around me. But, I simply can't get caught up in what's going on around me. If I did, I KNOW me, I'd take my eyes off of Jesus and start worrying. I too pray for a better way to express how I think, feel, and believe about "safety". My only safety & protection come from Jesus. My parents couldn't protect me as a child. "My help comes from the Lord." Psalm 121:1-8. PS: I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon, still on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete