Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Closed door...

My prayer:

So God, I gave up on something today. But, I think it was smart to give up on it. You know I am not a quitter and I hate admitting defeat; but sometimes, it is better to walk away than to try to force something to work that was not created to work in the first place. 

Knowing it was the smart thing to do does not make it easy. I wish I had been smarter to begin with to avoid the wasted time on this thing for the last three months. I wish I would have known then what I know now. I wish I would have spent more time asking you about it and less time asking you to bless it. 

Wishing doesn't change anything but maybe I have learned something for next time. I ask that you help me to remember the lessons learned on this so I don't have to repeat them in the future. I would really rather not ever have to experience this again.

What God Said Tonight:

Situations are complicated and just because you choose to walk way from something that is not working does not mean you give up, necessarily. Sometimes following my will and my best for you means walking away from things and situations that you thought you wanted. 

You so often pray that I open every door that I want open in your life and I close every door I want shut. This, my dear, was a closed door from the beginning. It just took you a few months of banging your head against it to convince yourself it was truly closed. 

Leave the closed door behind, no regret, no guilt and move forward to the open door in front of you. I will guide you and direct you. I will show you the open doors. 

But, please do not go back to the closed door and bang your head against it any more. It is closed for a reason. Not because you or anyone else did anything wrong but because I have a better way for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment