Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Contradictions...

My prayer:

Amazing God. Why is it that some of the things that feel so good in the short term are the same things that can destroy us? That does not seem like the way it should be. Shouldn't good things feel good and bad things feel bad? It would make this life a whole lot easier! But instead, we have all of these things, like sexual sin, that start off feeling really good but can later destroy us and all these other things (like exercise) that hurt like heck to begin with but in the end do us a lot of good. 

Contradictions. Now that I think about it, there are a lot of contradictions in your Kingdom. Give up your life to save it. The last will be first. To be a leader, become a servant...just to name a few. So, what is the point of logic if reality is not logical? 

I am full of questions tonight God, hoping you are full of answers you can share...

What God Said Tonight:

The thing is, the answers won't help you in the way that you think they will. Understanding why it is the way that it is will not make it easier to live. 

I have given you all of the answers. It is in the book. 

I can help you live this life and understand the contradictions. If everything was completely logical, you would not need me. You are smart, I made you that way. You could figure it all out on your own if it was logical. The way it is, you need to rely on me. You need to lean on me and trust me.. Without that, would you need me? 

There are so many things that steal my kids from me. I don't want it to be easier for you to turn your back on me. I will always guide you and show you my way. I will always be with you. I promise, you won't ever have to figure out life on your own without my help. 

You have some specific questions tonight. Why is it that things that start out good end up hurting and vice versa. It is not as simple as you might hope. There are times when circumstances change so quickly, that we do not need the man we called to play a part. This is one of those times. You may leave. 

One thing you can always count on. I am your champion and I am always with you. Sweet girl, it will all work out, I promise. You are firmly rooted in me and you will go on to do great and might things.

No comments:

Post a Comment