Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Totality of trust...

My prayer:

Awesome God. The message at church today was about how indescribably big you are. After church I helped K finish up some things as she gets ready to start her year long mission in Africa. 

As I think about those two things, it makes me think about how you ask us to do things that seem so big to us, more than we can do. But, to you, they are very small things. It must get frustrating to you when we hesitate or worse, when we refuse to do the "big" stuff because we are afraid or think we can't do it. 

I think the next time I feel like I can't do something you have asked me to do, I will try to remember to look up at the stars and remember that you are the creator of the universe and that anything you ask me to do is SO EASY compared to that!

What God Said Tonight:

It isn't really about the size of the thing I ask you to do, it is about the totality of your obedience to my will and my voice. When you are able to follow my will, my voice without question, no matter what I ask, then you will live in such great peace. 

I hear your mind questioning that. I hear you saying, that is like a cult. I am not asking you to follow me blindly. Quite the opposite. I am asking you to think carefully and make a rational choice. I am asking that you choose my will in all circumstances so you can live in the divine joy and peace that I have for you. I am asking that you trust me as much as I love you. 

I promise, I will never lead you into something that will hurt you and I promise that I will always show you out of the trouble you find. When you flow in the river of my will, there is no worry, there is no fear, there is no doubt. There is peace, purpose, and understanding of where you are meant to be and an ease in every thing you do. 

Don't think of the size of the task, think of the totality of your trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment