Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Judgmental...

My prayer:
Awesome God and the ultimate judge of all humanity. I have been thinking a lot about judgement today. 


It seems like it is so easy for me to see where other people are making mistakes and taking wrong turns but it is a lot harder to see it in myself. But then again, I think I am seeing others clearly but I almost never know everything that they are going through so who am I to say they are making wrong decisions? Maybe that is the thing. The less detail you know about a situation, the easier it is to make a snap judgement and feel you are right about it. 


But then, why do I even do it in the first place? You have already said that we are not here to judge each other. I have always considered that I was helping them to problem solve but is that really true? Especially when I am thinking those thoughts about people who have not asked me to help them. I think that I am just being judgmental and that is not good. That is not what you want. 


God help me to remember that I don't know all the details contributing to other peoples' decisions and even if I did, it is not up to me to judge. I am sorry for being judgmental. Help me to better see the line between helping and judging. Thank you Jesus.


What God Said Tonight:
No situation is simple and no decision is simple. Getting outside opinions can sometimes help to clarify things but when it comes down to it, no one can make decisions for you except for you. 


Being judgmental, or not being judgmental is a decision. I am glad you are wanting to make the right one. You will do so much more good loving people than you will telling them how to they should think or what they should do. No one likes that. No one likes being told what to do. But everyone likes to be loved. Everyone wants to follow in the footsteps of people they admire and people that love them. People want to be like the people they admire. 


Your prayer is already answered in the choice you are making tonight. I will help remind you of the choice and the importance of it. 


When you love people, they will look at your life and want to have what you have. Make sure that when they look, your life is a reflection of me. Then, watch me help people. It is a much more effective way to help people. 


I am blanketing you tonight with my love. Let it revive and nourish you for another week. I am with you every step and I love you my sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Romans 2:1
    [ God Is Kind, but Not Soft ] Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. It takes one to know one. Judgmental criticism of others is a well-known way of escaping detection in your own crimes and misdemeanors. But God isn't so easily diverted. He sees right through all such smoke screens and holds you to what you've done.

    ReplyDelete