Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ugly pride...

My prayer:
Awesome teacher. Lot's of messages on humility these days and they just keep coming. 


I am starting to see more and more the areas of pride and the ugliness they cause in me and in my life God. I don't like that in me. Everything to do with pride like unforgiveness, control issues, always having to be right, everything is so ugly and destructive. 


God, I thank you for the lessons and for the insight. I pray and ask that you help me to get free of pride and its negative partners. Help me God to live a life of humility, more focused on others, more focused on loving others than on being "right." Help me to be more like you Jesus.


What God Said Tonight:
Trying to not be prideful is kind of like trying not to think about the white elephant that is in the middle of the room. It is not really possible. 


What is possible is to think on good things, things that get you closer to me. Things that focus your thinking on my kingdom, my will, and what I want to do. When you see your self as a member of my royal family, you don't have to prove yourself anymore. You don't have to worry about status or what you have. You are a king's kid and you have everything you will ever want. You have an inheritance that is bigger and better than any will ever written.


You have these things, not due to your actions but due to my love. It is not about you but it is about who you are in relation to me. As my child, you have it all; but, because you did not earn any of it, you  cannot boast in it. Or, you should not boast in it. 


My kids are all very talented. I have gifted my kids with amazing capabilities. When you use you gifts for my Kingdom, good things grow. When you use my gifts to advance yourself, rot and mildew grow. In time, they will destroy the gift. 


Protect your gifts, keep focused on me, and remember, you don't get what you deserve, thankfully. I love you daughter. Rest well tonight,

No comments:

Post a Comment