Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, February 20, 2012

Selfish...

My prayer:
My God. I am not sure how to talk about what is on my mind tonight. I guess the theme is selfishness or self centeredness. It is something that seems to come so naturally to us and yet, when I see it in others, it makes me sad (or angry depending on the circumstances). But, I know that it is in me too; when I look at myself honestly, I don't always think of others before myself. I have to consciously choose to do that. My natural tendency is to think of me first. 


So, here is where I am struggling. If I know that about myself and know that it doesn't mean that I don't care about other people, why does it upset me so much when I see it in other people? Why do I take it so personally? 


Huh, as I am typing, it suddenly seems so clear. Being upset about others selfishness and self centeredness is just a reflection of my own selfishness. The reason it upsets me is because they aren't thinking about me! Now, if that isn't the height of selfishness and self centeredness, I don't know what is!


God forgive me of my selfishness and self centeredness. Help me to think more of others than I do of myself. Help me to think of others needs and feelings before my own. Help me to be a better person God.


What God Said Tonight:
Being "othercentered" instead of self centered is a choice and it is a choice that you will need to make daily, hourly, and sometimes each minute. It is one of those things that does not make a lot of sense logically but the more you take care of others and focus  on the needs of others, the more I will take care of your needs. When you take care of the things and the people that  I care about, I will take care of you. I will take care of all of your needs. I will make sure that you have everything you need. 


When you don't have enough, change your view from looking at what you are getting or not getting and focus more on what you are giving. As you give, as you take care of the needs of someone else, I promise I will take care of your needs. I will see that you are well cared for as you care for others. 


I love you daughter and I will always help you when you ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment