Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Waiting...

My prayer:
Hi God. I'm here a little early tonight. No particular reason. I was just sitting out back, enjoying the night and thought it would be a good time to talk with you. This was a pretty great day. Not because of anything in particular but any day with you is a good one.

God, there are a lot of people in my life that really need a breakthrough. People who love you and have been trusting you but they aren't seeing anything move. You know how hard it is for us to wait. Especially when that wait starts to stretch out over years. We start to think that maybe our faith is worthless.

God I pray for breakthrough for my friends this week. I pray God that you show them light at the end of the tunnel of their situation. I pray God that you show them what you have for them, the plans you have made for them. Help them to have renewed hope in you and in their own futures and dreams. If they need to do something different, show them what to do. If they need to change something, show them what to change and help them change it.

God you know the reason I can pray this prayer so easily is because it has been my personal prayer for years. I am so appreciative of what you are doing in my life and the dreams that you moving forward. The waiting was hard. Help my friends in the waiting.

I love you God. Thank you for understanding that it is not that we don't love or trust you, we just have a hard time waiting.

What God said tonight:
I know it is hard to wait but there is so much value in waiting. It is in the waiting that you gain your strength and your faith. It is in the waiting that you grow. It is in the waiting that you consciously choose me, even when it doesn't look good.

Don't despise the waiting even though it is hard. Remember the value of the waiting. The waiting will prepare you for what comes next. Could you have done what I am asking of you now even two years ago. You know the answer is a resounding NO.

You needed the waiting to prepare and you will hopefully always be waiting on something. Always growing, trusting and believing for more. When you achieve, receive or get to that thing you are waiting for, it is not a final destination. There is no final destination. You have everlasting life with me. There is no end, there is only today and the next thing. There is only you and me forever.

You have signed on to a life of joy with me throughout eternity. The other choice was an eternity in hell with satan. You made the right choice. When you start seeing waiting as a good thing, as a sign that you are not finished, you are not done in, that there is still purpose and a plan for you to fulfill, it will be less difficult.

I will continue to provide hope when you need it. I will provide glimpses of the future to keep you encouraged, but keep your eyes open. Sometimes I provide those cues, that hope and you miss it because you are so stuck in being miserable in your waiting. Make a different choice so you can see the hope I give to you.

I love you sweet daughter. You are the apple of my eye and the warmth in my heart. Let's hang out a bit tonight. The work is done, let's just enjoy being together...

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I have always felt like waiting is part of a season where I'm supposed to be content and enjoy where I am in God... this confirms that and gives me another perspective on what waiting means from His point of view. Oftentimes a long period of waiting precedes a beautiful time of moving forward... Thank you so much Marilyn, for your sharing, for your servant's heart and for your faithfulness. Cheryl S.

    ReplyDelete