Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Uncomfortable understanding....

My prayer:

Awesome God, I an grateful for what you are teaching me right now. I am grateful for the new level of understanding of what the Good News really is, what your grace really is, what your salvation really is. To understand that you literally paid for every sin that ever was, ever is or ever will be committed. That once we choose you, we are forgiven, end of story. That we don't ever have to feel guilt, ask again for forgiveness, or work to make our lives right. That all we have to do is to seek you and receive you. 

Everything we ever will need is in you, including any changes that we need. Not that I need to make better choices or I need to work on a step program to get free. No. Those things don't work long term. What changes me is my time with you. In your presence, I get new desires, I get new wisdom, I get new peace, all of which makes me a better (still flawed but better person).

I always had a hard time of understanding why you would ask us to do things that we could not do. To be like Christ, to pray without ceasing, to love you with everything we are and love our neighbors as ourselves all of these things that we try to do, we want to do, but I have never met anyone who could do them consistently. Not if you really get to know the person. I think the answer is in this new understanding you are giving me of your grace and your love. I don't have the answer yet but I feel like I am right on the edge.  

This new understanding is also making me really reassess most everything I have been taught my entire life about you and how to live this life for you. Now that is scary. That is what has me feeling unsure and off center tonight God. What does this mean? What do I do with it?

I pray for your continued help, guidance, understanding, and teaching. Thank you God for always teaching and taking me to the next level.

What God Said Tonight:

You didn't have to do anything to learn this new information except say yes to me and follow my direction. You will not have to do anything more than that for the rest of your life. I will always lead you and guide you.

There are times in your life where it was important for you to understand things at a certain level. That was the level you needed for the things that were in your life at the time. There are things coming that require a new level of knowledge and understanding and I am taking you there to prepare you for those times.

Change is never comfortable but you do not need to be afraid. You do not need to fear what is coming next. I will always take care of you and I will always keep you. I will always make sure you have all that you need.

Don't force it. I know you want this uncomfortable feeling to go away and you want to do whatever you can to speed that up. But that would be the wrong move. Don't force the solutions to this. Rest and trust in me to guide you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment