Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, January 31, 2011

Protection in the word...

My Prayer: Mighty Father God.  Thank you for your protection today.  Today was dangerous.  There were so many accidents on the roads, it was so cold, a lot of people are not safe at home tonight.

Thank you for taking care of me, my family and my friends.  You are an awesome protector.  You are my protective covering and you keep me from harm.  God I love that.  I love when you keep me from harm. 

There is a part of me that still fears a little though.  As much as I love and trust you, I still see bad things happen to good people and it is hard for me to understand.  I know you have explained it to me before.  I know it is a result of the sin in the world and choices made around that sin, consequences of those choices.  And, most of the time, that makes sense and I am able to concentrate on your promises over my life and the fact that you so completely protect me.  That even when something seemingly bad happens to me, like a car accident, you make sure I am not hurt, the other people in the accident aren't hurt, that the insurance covers the repair costs and that everything is taken care of. 

I guess that is what your protection really means.  You can 't always keep the circumstances from occurring but you can keep them from hurting me.  You can arrange it so that the bad thing that happens doesn't effect me the way it would otherwise.  I need to remember that.  I need to remember that you will take care of everything and not let fear in. 

I love you God.  I love that you protect me.  I love that I can trust that protection.  Thank you for protecting me.

What God Said Tonight:
Thank you for remembering the lessons I have taught you in the past, the things I have taught you.  I don't mind repeating myself, but it is a sign of growth when you can remember the lesson and remind your self instead of needing me to remind you. 

You spoke truth, I can't always change the circumstance but I can always bring you through it as long as you lean on me and trust me.  You have to follow me and hold onto my word, my direction through every circumstance.  That is where the protection is. 

The protection is when you hear and trust my word.  The protection is when you are obedient to my word. I gave you every instruction, all of the knowledge you will ever need.  I gave it to you in the Bible.  Read it, study it and learn it so that you have the tools I provided for you.  

When you don't learn my word, you are handicapping yourself and living with less than I want you to have.  You are keeping yourself from having the tools and blessings that I want for you. 

You will need to study the word everyday.  Mainly because there is so much in it that even if you studied everyday for the rest of your life you could not cover it all; but also because it is living and active and will speak into your unique situation.  Don't get lazy or complacent.  Really study the word every day so you have the tools I intended you to have to fight this fight of faith. 

I love you and I want all of the very best for you.  I want you to have every weapon possible.  I want you to remain safe in my arms and in my word every day.  Read, study learn and be better equipped to meet the challenges of tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. psalm 119:98-100....You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
    For they are ever with me.
    I have more understanding than all my teachers,
    For Your testimonies are my meditation.
    I understand more than the ancients,
    Because I keep Your precepts.

    ReplyDelete