Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Judgemental...

My prayer:
Fantastic day God! Thank you for another great sabbath, another great day of rest.  You are so amazing Father.  I love you and I love the life you have given me.  I know that I am not always as grateful as I should be. I know that I don't always get things right.  As a matter of fact, I so often do the opposite of what I know I should do.  If I were serving judgement on my own life, I don't think I would fare very well.  I am glad that you are the judge God and that you are more merciful and forgiving than I have ever been. 

How is it God that we who are so imperfect feel the right to judge others and point out what we see as their flaws?  Where did that come from?  It seems pretty pervasive.  Most people I know do it.  We may not all talk about it but most of us do it, judge others. 

You don't tell us to judge others.  You tell us to love them and leave the judgement to you.  Why do we, why do I so consistently get that wrong? I pray God and ask for your help.  I ask that whatever it is that makes me judgemental of others that you take that out of me, that you help me to love and never judge.  I pray that you help me to remember that you are the only judge and more than capable of fulfilling that role. 

You are my everything God.  Help me get this right. In Jesus name, amen.

What God Said Tonight:
Judgement, being judgemental is a tricky thing.  It is attractive because as long as you are judging someone else critically, you can feel that you must be better than them to be able to recognize their flaw.  But the thing is, you only recognize the flaws in others that you yourself have.  When you're finding fault with your brother, with our sister, you need to take out your mirror and check yourself.  I guarantee that most if not all of the time, you will find that very same flaw within yourself. 

So, being judgemental of others, in truth, does not prove that you are better than they are, it only exposes the areas that you still need to work on.  The more you think of it this way, the less you will find yourself being judgemental.  You are not here to judge.  You are here to love. 

One of the best ways to love your brother and sister is to recognize the similarities between you, the connections.  Those connections and similarities can be positive traits or negative or even neutral but they are the connections that make you build your relationships.  Concentrate on the connections and similarities to bring you closer together instead of allowing judgemental attitudes tear you apart.  Take that thing that satan meant to harm you and use it as a tool to recognize commonalities and connect. 

I love you daughter, flaws and all.  I love the process of your perfection. You are on a path of growth and divine purpose.  I have great plans that have yet to be realized in your life.  Each sin that you expose and deal with brings you one step closer to that future.  Keep digging, keep asking, keep seeking.  I am here with you in it all.  I love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment