Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 30, 2011

God's plans...

My Prayer:
Awesome God, my Father.  God, I want to thank you tonight for the amazing church you put me in.  Thank you for an amazing Pastor who knows how to encourage and release us into our ministry for you like no one I have ever seen.  Thank you for the amazing worship band that leads us to that intimate place of worship with you every week.  Thank you for the staff, the volunteers, the prayer warriors, and the incredible loving people. 

You have blessed me more than I could have ever known or expected.  When you first told me it was time to change church homes, I thought I must be hearing you wrong.  Why would I want to leave my church home of 12 years?  I loved it there.  I had family there. I had a place to serve there. 

What I didn't see was that you had a bigger plan.  You had a better plan.  I pray God that you always help me to remember that.  To remember that you always have a bigger and better plan.  To remember that no matter how great I think something is, you have something greater. 

I am running out of words again.  There are some things that are so wonderful that I don't have enough words to talk about it.  But, I am more grateful than I can say. 

I pray God that you lead each and every one of your children to that church home that is as perfect for them as Reverb is for me.  A place where they can learn, grow, serve and get to know you better.  A place where they can take all of that and spread to the rest of their lives and their week. 

God, thank you for an amazing church home.  Thank you for your guidance.  I love you God.  What is on your mind tonight?

What God Said Tonight:
Well, you said a mouthful tonight daughter.  You are welcome for your church home.  I am glad that you were obedient to my leading even when it didn't make sense to you.  I promise that every time you follow me and what I have told you to do, even when it doesn't make sense, even when it seems crazy, I promise, it will always be for your good and the good of the kingdom. 

You are learning to hear my voice more clearly every day.  You are learning to follow my lead more closely and more quickly every day.  That is good.  The better you get at that the more sensitive and the more obedient you are, the more we can do together. 

I love doing things with you.  I love hanging out with you but I love doing things with you.  You always get such a kick out of seeing my power and your joy makes me happy.  It is fun to do things with you. 

You are where I need and want you to be.  I know that you were skeptical at the beginning.  But now you see my plan.  Thank you for being obedient before you could see the plan.  You will need to do that more and more.  As you grow, I will stretch your faith because it will make you stronger.  It will make you more of what I need and want you to be. 

Your future and my plans for you are truly glorious.  I have a plan and a purpose on your life.  To get there, these are the steps we must take.  These are the things I need you to learn.  It is so good that you are documenting these things.  The next time I ask you to do something that seems crazy, come back and read this as your reminder that my plan for you is truly greater than what you can imagine or think of for yourself.  Remind your self that I can do more with one act of faith than you can do on your own in a lifetime. 

I am the power and the strength behind the dream and I will always be on your side.  You are about to embark on another week.  This one will not be quite like the ones in the past.  You will have surprises this week.  You will be blessed and you will be stretched.  You will have opposition and you will have favor.  In the midst of it all, remember I have a plan and purpose and I will guide you always.  Trust in me and trust in the plan. 

I love you daughter.  Rest  in my presence tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Marilyn for teaching us to have a grateful.

    ReplyDelete