Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, January 21, 2011

Get closer...

My prayer:
Awesome God.  I am ready to fall asleep sitting up.  I love you and I am here out of faithfulness to you but I need you to take it tonight.  Thank you for all that you did today in my life, in my friends' lives and for being generally amazing.

What God Said Tonight:
Sweet daughter, you are tired.  I appreciate your faithfulness in coming here to be with me anyway. 

I love that you are willing to sacrifice for our relationship.  That is the point of all of this.  To get closer.  To get so that you know me better than you know yourself.  The more you know me, the easier it is to recognize my voice and to hear me.  The easier it is to hear me, the more quickly I can help you and the more quickly I can let you know when I need you to do something. 

Each time we meet, each time that we talk, you are getting to know me better.  There will be a day when we are so close it will remind me of my days with Adam before the fall.  I want that day to day closeness with you.  I want you to hear me no matter what.  Whether you are busy or calm, whether you tense or relaxed, whether you are in need or at peace, I want you to hear me. 

There are times when I need to tell you something, something that you need to know for the very situation at hand. I need you to hear my voice clearly, for your sake and for mine.  You are going to see great things with me.  We will do great things. But to do them we have to be closer than we are right now and that only happens by spending time together.  I want you to know me as well as you know yourself, maybe even better. 

So, thank you for coming tonight even though you are tired.  You can rest now and I will give you rest.  You will awake refreshed and ready for a new day.  You will wake up strong and raise up on wings like an eagle.  I love you daughter. Sleep well but stay in my presence always so you can know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment