Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Get angry...

My prayer:
My God, I need to ask for forgiveness tonight God.  I got REALLY angry tonight.  I got so frustrated when things weren't going my way.  I look at it now, now that the moment has passed and I can't figure out why I was so angry. Maybe it was all the built up stress.  There have been a lot of changes and pressure lately at work.  But I think it was mainly that I was being a spoiled brat and mad that things weren't going the way I wanted them to. 

I am sorry for that God.  You shouldn't have to put up with that from me.  I am a grown woman and I shouldn't be throwing tantrums when I don't get my way.  Please forgive me God.  I will try to grow up a little and do better the next time things aren't going the way I think they should.  I love you God.

What God Said Tonight:
You are my sweet daughter and I made you passionate.  Anger, just anger, is not bad in itself.  It is what you do with it that can hurt you and the people around you.  I got angry.  I get angry.  It is a valid emotion. 

You are right that your anger tonight was out of frustration and not a just anger.  You are already forgiven for the rashness of your anger.  You did not use your anger to hurt and that is good.  You let it wring itself out of you.  Now it is time to move on. 

You can go ahead and get angry if you want to.  But don't hurt people with it and don't let it stay around.  Get it out, deal with the situation and move on.  Anger was never meant to be something that is sustained.  It was meant to give you the adrenaline and energy to deal with a urgent situation and then move on. 

When I was at the temple and saw the selling and cheating that was going on, I was angry.  That anger was important and useful.  I responded to the anger, expressed it without hurting anyone, dealt with the situation and then moved on.  That should be your picture, your model.  Don't expect that you will never get angry or that you should never get angry.  I did not make you that way. But follow my model when you get angry. 

Rest in knowing you are covered and redeemed in my blood tonight.  Trust me to wash you clean and restore you.  I love you sweet daughter.  Put the anger to rest tonight and let's move on.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you today Marilyn!

    One thing I have desired of the LORD,
    That will I seek:
    That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
    All the days of my life,
    To behold the beauty of the LORD,
    And to inquire in His temple.
    For in the time of trouble
    He shall hide me in His pavilion;
    In the secret place of His tabernacle
    He shall hide me;
    He shall set me high upon a rock.

    ReplyDelete