Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, January 7, 2011

At the core...

My prayer:
Awesome God, thank you for an awesome day.  You are so amazing God.  I know I keep saying it but it is never really enough.  I can never tell you how I truly feel about you because there simply are not enough words. 

My God, thank you for putting such amazing people in my life.  Thank you for this life that you designed for me.  I love you so much!  What an amazing privilege that you allow us to talk to you.  What a ridiculously fantastic honor that you talk back to us God. 

I pray God that you are never silent in my life.  I need your voice and your guidance every day.  I am nothing without you.  I can do all things through you though. 

I seem to be hearing a lot about knowing who I am according to you God.  About recognizing my worth through you and your opinion of me, not through my own eyes, my accomplishments or other people's opinions of me.  If I could truly get that, if I could truly derive my worth from what you think of me and how you see me, then pride, jealousy, envy, self doubt and all of that would never be an issue again. God help me to get there.  Help me to know who I am by who you say I am and nothing else.  I think that would be  a very good thing. 

I love you God.  What is on your mind and heart tonight:

What God Said Tonight:
It would be a very good thing.  I have tried to convey to you how I feel about you, how I see you.  I have spent thousands of years trying to get my children to see themselves and others the way that I see them.  I know it is hard.  It seems unnatural.  But really, it is the most natural thing in the world.  It is the image that I created you in. 

If you can understand your source, that you were made in our image and for a great purpose, if you can understand and truly believe your origin, you might begin to understand your worth and who you really are. 

You are not a combination of your experiences and your accomplishments.  Those are your experiences and those are things that effect you.  But at your core, at the source of who you are, is my image. 

When you look to me and love me, when you are in awe of me and when you have those feelings of incredible amazement, understand that you were made in that image.  At your heart and at your core, that is who you are.  You have trouble seeing it because the experiences and trauma of sin and life blind you to it.  They are like layers of burlap cloth.  Heavy and course and as they are layered on top of you, they block out all of the light. They block the essence of who you are until even you don't remember.  It is time to shake off the burlap sacks and see the light and the essence of who you are again. 

I died so that you don't have to keep the covering of sin over you anymore.  I came and died so that you could be free and let that light shine again. 

Remind yourself daily of who you really are.  Remind yourself every day that you and all of your brothers and sisters were made in our image.  That the reflection of us is in your core being.  You are my children.  I say it a lot but take a minute tonight and really think about that.  You are not only my children in that you are my charge and responsibility that I love and take care of. You are also my children in that you have my DNA.  You were created in our image.  You have me in you.  You, at the core, at the deepest level are a reflection, a copy of my image. 

When you look in the mirror, start looking deeper, see the core, see me.  Remind yourself of this every day.  Remind yourself that under the experiences of you and of our brothers and sisters, at the core, you are the same reflection of me.  That is what makes you so special and so important.  The children of the most high God. 

You are so beautiful.  I cherish you.  You are my royalty placed on this earth to rule and to serve.  I love you my shining star.  Sleep well again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

    ReplyDelete