Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Loving like God...

My prayer:

Sweet Father. I am in unfamiliar waters right now and I need your help and direction. I am doing my best to stay focused on you knowing that you will take care of everything else. It can be hard sometimes though. 

I pray God and ask that you block the distractions, anything that is trying to keep me from your will. Help me God to see myself how you see me and not what others say about me. Help me God to see others as you see them, for their promise and covered in your blood of forgiveness. Help me God to be so in touch with your love that I heal quickly from the emotional pain that comes with living life in this world. 

God I pray for a flood of your love tonight over the entire world. Flood us God so we can love like you love. 

What God Said Tonight:

Loving like me is a great goal. You will  love like me when your love is bigger than your ego. You will love like me when your love is more important that anything else. When you are willing to humble yourself and do anything just so someone knows they are loved. When you are ready to die to show someone how much you love them. 

Loving like me is not easy and is not always pleasant. It costs something to love like me. I love you and I don't expect you to love like me but I do expect you to love. I expect you to love as a response to my love. I expect you to love me and to love the people around you. I expect you to let offense roll off your back with the assurance that I am your Father and I give you your identity. 

I expect you to love the ones that no one else wants to love, when they are at their most unloveable. I expect you not to turn your back but look them in the face and love. 

You don't have to love like me but you do have to love like you, with the new heart I have given you. Love is a choice and love is your choice. Choose it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment