Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 26, 2013

Hamster wheel in my head...

My prayer:

Awesome God. I would really like to turn off my brain for just a little bit tonight. Too many thoughts, too many things happening, too many things to try to figure out. I need a brain break.

You know your scripture that talks about taking every thought captive? How do we do that? How do we take thoughts captive? Does that mean that we are able to stop thinking about them? If so, I would really like to be able to do that.

I waste so much time thinking about things that I have no control over. And, even when I realize it, I will let that same thought, that same problem just roll around again and again in my brain. It is completely useless and annoying.

Sorry for whining and complaining God. Fact is, you have given me such a wonderful life and blessed me with so many opportunities, I should be jumping for joy not complaining that it is too much. Sorry for the rambling. LOVE YOU!

What God Said Tonight:

You cannot stop thinking about something by trying to stop thinking about it. The only way to stop thinking about something is to replace it with something more important to you.

When your thoughts go astray and into areas that you do not want, focus on me. Think of me. Fill your mind with me. That will block out the thoughts that are not producing benefit in your life and will fill you with purpose, and direction.

I am your go to. I am what brings you peace and I am the one who loves you enough walk you out of every storm. Even the ones that you create.


I love you, I love you, I love you. Think about my love for you. Think of what I have done for you. Keep your mind stayed on me and I will clarify your mind. I will give you rest from the hamster wheel in your head. I am your peace and I will not leave you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I really needed to hear that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -sigh- Me too! and God pretty much told me the same thing, To keep my eyes on Him, but it's still hard to do... So for me, it's easy to swim out of the thought streams by praising God in songs of worship, and I love it and how it takes my mind out of the places that it really doesn't need to be. I hope that will help you too! :3

    ReplyDelete